In 2005, once I was 10 years previous, a child from my neighborhood was bear hugging a fallen tree trunk that bridged throughout our creek and yelled, “I higher not see this on YouTube!”
That was the primary time I’d ever heard of YouTube. And it undoubtedly wasn’t the final time I’d hear about it. YouTube has skilled explosive development because it was based in an workplace storage in 2005. Only one yr after its inception, it was attracting greater than 65,000 new video uploads and 100 million video views per day. A few months later, the high-growth startup was acquired for over $1 billion by a titan within the tech trade — Google.
Since then, YouTube has opened up avenues for manufacturers to promote on their movies and, in flip, let content material creators earn a dwelling simply by making movies. This potential for monetization has incentivized content material creators to craft essentially the most partaking movies attainable and host them on the platform, which has enabled YouTube to turn into the second most trafficked web site and the second largest search engine on this planet.
As a video marketer, you already understand how essential constructing a YouTube presence is for reinforcing your movies’ and model’s visibility. However in the event you simply began your model’s YouTube channel or want some assist convincing your boss to double down in your YouTube efforts, we’ve acquired you coated.
Take a look at these 51 stats in regards to the platform’s cellular utilization, its demographics, subscriber development, normal utilization, and historical past that may assist you to construct your YouTube following or persuade your boss to focus extra of your efforts on the video platform.
51 YouTube Stats Each Video Marketer Ought to Know in 2019
What’s the most-watched video on YouTube?
2. “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi that includes Daddy Yankee is the most-watched video on YouTube. It has obtained over 5.96 billion views in somewhat over two years.
YouTube Cell Stats
four. On cellular units alone, YouTube reaches extra adults aged 18-49 throughout prime time than any cable community does in a mean week.
5. 75% of adults report watching YouTube on their cellular units.
6. Greater than 70% of YouTube watch time is generated from cellular units.
7. YouTube cellular adverts are 84% extra more likely to maintain consideration than TV adverts.
eight. Over 50,000 years of product evaluation movies have been watched on cellular units over the previous two years.
9. In 2018, YouTube was the preferred IOS app.
YouTube Demographics Stats
10. Over 90% of 18-44 yr previous American web customers watch movies on YouTube.
11. Over half of American web customers who’re aged 75 and over watch movies on YouTube.
12. Over 50% of YouTube’s viewers is feminine.
13. 59% of Technology Z (16-24-year-olds) have elevated their YouTube utilization since final yr.
14. 46% of millennials (25-34-year-olds) have elevated their YouTube utilization since final yr.
15. 70% of millennial YouTube customers watched a YouTube video to learn to do one thing new or study one thing they’re all for.
16. 15.eight% of YouTube customers are from america.
17. YouTube attracts essentially the most guests from america, India, Japan, Russia, and China.
18. YouTube is out there in additional than 91 international locations.
19. YouTube is out there in 80 completely different languages.
YouTube Subscriber Progress Stats
20. The variety of channels with greater than 1 million subscribers elevated by greater than 75% since 2017.
21. The variety of YouTubers who earn six figures per yr has elevated by greater than 40% since 2017.
22. The variety of YouTubers who earn 5 figures per yr has elevated by greater than 50% since 2017.
23. The highest ten YouTubers earned 42% extra income in 2018 in comparison with 2017.
24. PewDiePie is the preferred YouTube channel, with 85 million subscribers.
25. The most well-liked branded YouTube channel is LEGO, which has over 7.1 million subscribers and has obtained over eight.7 billion views.
YouTube Utilization Stats
26. YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine.
27. YouTube is the second most trafficked web site behind Google.
28. YouTube customers collectively watch over 46,000 years of content material annually.
29. 68% of YouTube customers watched a video to assist them make a purchase order determination.
30. 80% of YouTube customers who watched a video to assist them make a purchase order determination stated they watched the video originally of the buying course of.
31. 95% of the preferred YouTube movies are music movies.
32. 47% of on-demand music streaming was listened to on YouTube.
33. There are twice as many small- and medium-sized companies promoting on YouTube since 2016.
34. 4 instances as many individuals choose watching video on YouTube reasonably than on social media platforms.
35. YouTube customers watch greater than 180 million hours of content material on TV screens each day.
36. YouTube customers are thrice extra more likely to choose watching a YouTube tutorial video in comparison with studying the product’s directions.
37. “Stress-free” and “feeling entertained” are the highest two causes viewers watch YouTube.
38. Rest movies like cleaning soap reducing and slime taking part in skilled a 70% enhance in watch time in 2018.
39. Comedy, music, leisure/popular culture, and “the best way to” are the 4 hottest content material classes on YouTube.
YouTube Historical past Stats
40. “YouTube.com” was activated on February 14, 2005.
41. “Me on the zoo” was the primary video uploaded to YouTube on April 25, 2005.
42. Google bought YouTube for $1.65 billion on October 9, 2006.
43. YouTube launched InVideo adverts in December 2007.
44. YouTube streamed america presidential debates for the primary time in 2012.
45. The youngest YouTuber is Ryan ToysReview, who’s a 7-year previous boy who makes $11 million a yr and has 18.2 million subscribers.
46. “Gangnam Fashion”’s surge in recognition broke the video’s view counter.
47. YouTube gives a free area in Los Angeles the place YouTubers with over 10,000 subscribers can study, join, and create movies with one another.
48. The primary YouTube video that reached a million views was a 2005 Nike advert that featured soccer star, Ronaldinho.
49. The YouTube video that obtained essentially the most views in 24 hours is Ariana Grande’s “Thank U, Subsequent” music video, which attracted 55.four million views in a single day.
50. Essentially the most favored video on YouTube is the music video for the tune “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi that includes Daddy Yankee. It has obtained over 31.96 million likes and boasts an 89.25% like proportion.
51. YouTube’s personal YouTube Rewind 2018 video is essentially the most disliked video on the platform. It has obtained over 16 million dislikes and owns an 86.53% dislike proportion.